SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cricut Explore Wild Rose Air™ 2 or Cricut Maker™
- Cricut StandardGrip mat
- Cricut FabricGrip mat
- Cricut 6"x 7" EasyPress™ or EasyPress Mini
- Cricut EasyPress mat 8"x 10"
- Cricut Deep Cut Blade (if using Air 2)
- Cricut Light Gold Foil Iron-On
- White felt
- Light gray felt
- Fabric glue
- Hot glue gun/glue gun sticks
- Heat N Bond
- Go to this project on Cricut Design Space to make this:
- To make changes to this project, use the Mat Preview screen in Design Space to move pieces to different mats or colors. You may also change the project copies to cut multiples.
- Apply applique material (such as Heat N Bond Lite) to the wrong side of the white felt using applique product instructions if desired.
- Mat 1 - Place white felt, right side down, onto the mat.
- Mat 2 - Place foil iron-on onto the mat. Be sure to Mirror the image when using iron-on and place the shiny side (clear liner) down on the mat. Change blades as prompted.
- Mat 3 - Place gray felt, right side down, onto the mat.
- Use a Weeder Tool to remove the negative pieces of iron-on so just your design remains on the clear liner.
- Bond or glue the white felt body pieces together, matching all of the edges. Place looped ribbon or lengths of monofilament between the two layers of felt, midway down the bird's back.
- Apply the iron-on layers to the felt pieces, following the project photos as a guide, using a Cricut EasyPress and EasyPress Mat with the Heat Transfer Guide, for the perfect time and temp settings.
- Glue gray beak pieces and wings to the main body using hot glue or fabric glue.
- Hang as desired and enjoy!
Craft Hack Tips and Tricks:
- When cutting fabric with applique material, it’s best to cut it applique material side up.