25% OFF YOUR TOTAL PURCHASE* 25% OFF YOUR TOTAL PURCHASE*
Christmas Card Holder
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Americana Decor Color Stain®: Dark Jade
- Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™ Paint: Everlasting
- Americana® Acrylics: Deep Burgundy, Primary Red
- Sponge brush
- Jute twine
- 8"x30" Rustic Pallet
- Small clothespins - white
- Large letter stickers or stencil
NOTE: Lightly sand pallet and wipe with a cloth before starting. Allow paint to dry between each coat. Paint clothespins while you're waiting for the pallet to dry.
- Use a small paintbrush to apply DecoArt Color Stain in Dark Jade to wood sign. Wipe back excess stain with a clean dry cloth.
- Apply large letters stickers or a stencil to the top of the pallet spelling out GREETINGS. Secure the edges securely to the wood by rubbing with your finger.
- Next, layer on top a coat of DecoArt Everlasting Chalky Finish paint. Let paint dry.
- Add second coat if needed.
- Once paint is dry, sand the edges and top of your sign for a distressed look.
- Remove the vinyl letters from the board to expose the green stain.
- Paint designs on the clothespins while you are waiting for the pallet to dry. You can make them all the same pattern or use your imagination and make them all different.
- Use a staple gun to secure the twine to the top back of the pallet.
- Wrap the twine around the pallet 3 times going in the same direction. Keep the twine tight. Then wrap it going the other direction until you reach the top again. Secure the end to the back of the pallet with another staple. The twine will make a criss cross pattern.
- Add the clothespins to the twine to hold the cards.
- Attach the cards to the card holder using the clothespins.