20% OFF YOUR TOTAL PURCHASE* 20% OFF YOUR TOTAL PURCHASE*
Halloween Black Cat Trinket Dish
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Premo Sculpey Black
- Premo Sculpey Orange
- Premo Sculpey Bright Green Pearl
- Sculpey III Glow in the Dark
- Sculpey Clay Conditioning Machine
- Sculpey 5 in 1 tool - Blade
- Sculpey Super Slicer
- Premo! Graduated Cutter set- Tear Drop
- Premo! Graduated Cutter set - Circle
- Craft Knife
- Round Glass Bowl
- Optional Wax Paper
- Ceramic Tile
- Pen, pencil and scissors
- Sketch out an oval shape approx. 3-1/2" x 3" (your sketch size can be smaller or larger depending on the size glass bowl you are using. For this project, we are using a 3-1/2" round glass bowl) sketch out two triangles for the ears. Cut your template out and place aside.
- Take a block of Black clay, condition it and run it through the clay-conditioning machine on the #1 setting. Lay your cat head paper template on the black clay and cut carefully around the template with an x-acto knife. Place aside.
- Take the glow-in-the-dark clay, condition it, and run it through the clay-conditioning machine on the #7 setting. Take a 1" teardrop cutter and make the teardrop shapes (if you don't have a teardrop cutter you could just cut out teardrop shapes with your x-acto knife)
- Mix some Bright Pearl Green clay with your Glow in the Dark clay, condition it, and run it through the clay-conditioning machine on the #7 setting.
- Take the 1/2" circle cutter and cut out two circles for the center of the cat's eyes and place them in the center of each of the teardrop shapes.
- Take a small piece of black clay and with your fingers, roll out two small 3/8" coil size pieces for the black center of the cats eyes.
- Take Orange clay, condition it, and run it through the clay-conditioning machine on the #7 setting. Use your super slicer and cut two arrow shapes (approx. 3/4" long) for the center of the ears and a triangle (approx. 1/2" long) for the nose
- Now start layering the shapes onto the cat head to make the cat's face.
- Using a clay knife, make whiskers and fur around your cat's face.*Reminder: You want to press hard enough to make an impression but not too hard that you are cutting through to the bottom of your clay shape. Once you have your face decorated take your clay knife and make 1/8" indents around the edges of piece.
- Work around the edges as well.
- Bake it! Take your finished black cat tray and lay it in the center of a glass bowl. You will form the cat into the shape of a bowl, so it becomes curved. Place on a ceramic tile and bake it in the oven (while still in the bowl) according to the manufacturers instructions on the packaging. Let cool.
- Once cooled your black cat trinket dish should just pop right out of the bowl.