FINAL DAY! 20% OFF YOUR PICK-UP IN-STORE OR CURBSIDE ORDER* 20% OFF YOUR TOTAL PURCHASE*
Hometown Rodadero Cowl
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- LION BRAND® HOMETOWN
- Houston Cream 1 ball (A)
- Tampa Spice 1 ball (B)
- San Diego Navy 1 ball (C)
- Circular knitting needle size 11, 29" long
- Circular knitting needle size 13, 29" long
- Stitch markers
- Large-eyed blunt needle
- Finished Circumference About 26"
- Finished Height About 15"
- 8 sts = about 4" in St st worked in the rnd (knit every rnd) with larger needle.
- BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
- Cowl is worked in one piece in the round on a circular needle.
- Stranded colorwork is worked in St st worked in the rnd and following a chart.
- When working from chart, read all rnds from right to left.
- When working stranded colorwork, carry the unused color across the wrong side of the Cowl.
- To change color, work as follows:
- Work to last st of rnd with new color. Knit the last st with the new color, then return that st to the left hand needle and knit it again.
- On the following rnd, work to the next to last st. With the right hand needle, lift the st below the next st and place it onto left hand needle. Knit the next 2 sts together.
- Cross the old color in front of the new color at the beginning of the new rnd.
- With smaller needle and A, loosely cast on 72 sts.
- Place marker for beginning of rnd and join, being careful not to twist.
- Slip marker as you come to it on each rnd.
- Rnds 1/4: *K1, p1; rep from * around.
- Begin chart
- Change to larger needle and to St st worked in the rnd (knit every rnd).
- Beginning with Rnd 1, and changing color following Notes, work 4 st rep of chart around.
- Continue to follow chart until Rnd 37 has been completed.
- Last 4 Rnds: With A, rep Rnds 1/4.
Bind off in rib.
Weave in ends.Designer note
After you finish your Cowl and have weaved the ends, I recommend you block it. This will give more stitch definition to your work. Soak the Cowl in cold water with a gentle wool wash for about 15 min. With a towel, squeeze the excess moisture and lay flat to dry.
k = knit
p = purl
rep = repeat
rnd = round
st(s) = stitch(es)
St st = Stockinette stitch
Every effort has been made to produce accurate and complete instructions. We cannot be responsible for variance of individual crafters, human error, or typographical mistakes.
©2020 Lion Brand Yarn Company, all rights reserved.
Approximate Crafting Time: