50% OFF ANY ONE REG-PRICE ITEM* 50% OFF ANY ONE REG-PRICE ITEM*
Marbled Polymer Clay Jewelry
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Various colors of polymer clay 2 oz blocks
- Polyform Sculpey Acrylic Clay Roller
- Sculpey Work N Bake Clay Mat
- Studio By Sculpey Clay Tool Variety Set Of Three
- Premo graduated cutter set 6pc circle
- Jump Rings
- Jewelry findings as needed
- Gem-Tac permanent glue
- Earring Posts
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Begin by kneading 1/4 of each color of clay until soft and workable.
- Roll clay into thin rods. Rods can be different thicknesses across the colors but should be about the same length.
- Arrange the rods together and roll to combine.
- Roll, fold, twist, and/or spiral the clay until it reaches the desired marbled effect.
- Use the Acrylic clay ruler to roll out marbled clay onto the clay mat. The thickness of the clay should be between 1/8" and 1/4".
- Use circle cutters and clay tools to cut out shapes as desired.
- Layout pieces to determine final placement. Use needle tool to create holes for jump rings to connect pieces as needed.
- Roll thin rods of solid or marbled clay and form to create arched shapes. Press rods together to attach while still maintaining rounded shape.
- Bake clay pieces according to the directions on the clay blocks.
- Once clay pieces have baked and cooled, assembled jewelry using jump rings and other jewelry findings. Adhere earring posts with Gem-Tac and allow to dry at least 24 hours.