20% OFF YOUR PICK-UP IN-STORE OR CURBSIDE ORDER* 20% OFF YOUR TOTAL PURCHASE*
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip Marbling Fabric Dye Kit, Classic
- White natural fiber T-shirt
- Plastic surface cover
- Sheet of plastic slightly larger than shirt being dyed
- Wooden skewers or toothpicks
- Washable marker
- Cardboard insert for T-shirt /ul>
- Cover work surface with plastic table cover.
- Wash and dry T-shirt to remove sizing. No fabric softener.
- Wearing protective gloves, prepare Marbling Medium and Marbling Dye following package instructions.
- Cover work surface with second layer of plastic sheeting.
- Lay out T-shirt on second layer of plastic.
- Use washable marker to trace outline of T-shirt onto plastic piece. Remove T-shirt from plastic piece and set aside.
- With gloved hands, use fingers to spread an even layer of Medium with traced outline.
- Select 1-3 contrasting colors of Marbling Dye.
- Apply first dye color in random swirl pattern. Apply 1-2 additional dye colors, overlapping them in random swirl patterns.
- Drag skewer or toothpick across color lines to create an abstract marbled pattern.
- Insert cardboard between layers of T-shirt. Carefully place fabric project face down on top of Marbling Medium with Marbling Dye. Firmly press down T-shirt on Marbling Medium with dye pattern.
- Leave T-shirt face down on surface for 6-8 hours.
- After dyes have set, rinse gently under running water or use a sprayer to remove excess dye and medium. To prevent colors from smearing, avoid scrunching fabric while rinsing until dyes and medium are completely removed.
- Machine wash T-shirt on Regular sycle with warm water and a small amount of detergent. Wash and dry separately for the first few washes.