50% OFF ANY ONE REG-PRICE ITEM* 50% OFF ANY ONE REG-PRICE ITEM*
Mermaid Heart Tie-Dye T-shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie Dye Kit®
- Natural fiber white T-shirt
- Disposable plastic table cover
- Thin cloth
- Paper towels
- Washable marker
- Protect work surface with plastic table cover. Cover with a layer of paper towels.
- Wash T-shirt and do not dry. No fabric softener.
- Lay out damp shirt on covered work surface.
- Draw a heart onto paper. Fold in half.
- Fold shirt in half vertically. Position half heart where desired onto inside of fold.
- Use washable marker to trace along half heart shape.
- Tightly pleat fabric along marker line.
- Use a rubber band to bind pleated fabric tightly around marker line. Add a second or third rubber band at regular intervals as desired.
- Wearing protective gloves, apply desired dye colors, alternating dye colors between rubber bands.
- Cover dyed fabric with plastic table cover to keep damp. Let set 6-8 hours.
- Remove rubber bands, rinse, wash and dry.
- Heat dry iron to a suitable temperature for shirt.
- Smooth out shirt and place design onto shirt where desired. Place thin cloth over design.
- Iron design into place by pressing firmly but continuously moving iron for 8-10 seconds. Turn over fabric and iron the applique from the back side for another 8-10 seconds.