50% OFF ANY ONE REG-PRICE CUT OF FABRIC* 50% OFF REG-PRICE CUT OF FABRIC*
Resin Earrings and Pendant
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Clear resin
- Resin silicone earring mold
- Resin pigment dye (pink and red)
- Small paint brush
- Straight pin
- Hand held heat gun
- Clear resin hardener
- Gold chain
- Gold post backs for earrings
- Gold clasp
- 2 Large jump rings for earrings and 1 small jump ring for pendant
- UV Nail light or UV hand held light
- 2 Small pliers
- X-acto knife
- Apply a very thin layer of clear resin in the bottom of the earring shape or pendant in the silicone mold. Place a small drop of the pink pigment and swirl it at one end with a straight pin. Place a small amount of the red pigment at the other end and swirl with a straight pin. The colors should meet in the middle. Place it under the UV light for 30 seconds.
- Keep doing this technique for each layer and placing under the light in between each layer. Do this process until filled.
- Put it under the UV light again. (90 seconds)
- Remove earrings and pendant from mold.
- Using your X-acto knife, you can lightly trim off any excess hardened resin from the sides of the pieces.
- Attach the earring post backs with Quick grip glue. Let them dry for 1 hour before using.
- For the pendant- cut a chain to the desired length. With your small pliers open up the jump ring and attach the clasp to the chain.
- For the back of the pendant, glue a jump ring in the top middle of the pendant. You may want to twist the jump ring before attaching it to the pendant so that the pendant lies flat when wearing it.
- Make sure you work in thin layers. If you go too quickly and try to fill the molds and then harden them, you will get air bubbles. Use a straight pin to bring the bubbles up to the surface. Bubbles will pop if you wave the heat gun over them. Use the heat gun lightly before each layer goes under the UV light.